Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Glazed fennel and chestnuts


Hi to all!!! Hope you are doing well. I have already written about my love for chestnuts and hence I buy them whenever I can get my hands on them. This fennel and chestnut dish is a great combination and great as a side dish. This dish is vegan, as I used vegan butter, but of course you could use normal butter as well.
Have a nice day…!!!

Ingredients:

- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 8 oz boiled chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Handful Italian parsley leaves, chopped

Method:

In a pan heat butter and add shallots and fennel. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes. Add brown sugar and vegetable broth. Let simmer until fennel is almost soft and almost all water has evaporated. Add in chestnuts, salt and black pepper. Mix well and cook for couple more minutes. Add in parsley leaves and serve.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2010. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.