Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple tart for my 50th post!!!


This post today is my 50th post, and since I started this blog with a sweet cake, I also post something sweet today. :-) So far I enjoyed blogging and it has been fun to share recipes with you. I am thankful to the few who dropped me a note or comment and will be happy if more people give feedback or comment on my posts and recipes in the future.
This recipe is a simple apple tart which is not overly sweet. The dough is light, thin and crisp. Within no time half of the tart was easily finished in our house. :-)


Ingredients:

- 1 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar + 1 Tbsp. reserved
- ½ Tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter + 1 Tbsp. reserved ( I used vegan butter for this recipe)
- 1 ½ apples, quartered and finely sliced
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. ice cold water

Method:

For the dough combine flour with salt and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar. Cut the 6 Tbsp. butter into cubes and add to the flour. Incorporate with your fingertips. Step by step add the ice cold water and knead to a smooth dough. Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In the meantime preheat oven to 375 F and grease a 9 ½ inch spring form.
Roll out the dough on a flour dusted surface and place into the form. Cover the bottom and press up slightly at the sides. Place the apple slices in a round on the dough. Mix ¼ cup brown sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top. The sugar will caramelize and give a nice brown colour to the apples. Place the 1 Tbsp. butter in flakes on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2010. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.