Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fennel-tomato pasta


Hey my dears!! This recipe came together as I had bought fresh fennel some days ago without being sure what I would do with it. First I thought of making just a simple salad, but then today I decided to make some pasta. It’s real simple and quick to make and perfect when there’s not much time to cook. Have a good day!!!

Ingredients:

- 1 packet penne pasta or per choice
- 2 bulbs fennel, halved and sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tsp. coriander powder
- ½ cup half & half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste

Method:

Boil pasta according to packet directions and drain.
In the meantime heat olive oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds and onion. Fry for some minutes, then add fennel. Sauté until fennel is soft and then add tomatoes, salt, coriander and red chilli powder. Mix well and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Turn heat to low and add half & half. Simmer for 2 more minutes, then add parsley and serve.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.