Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Roasted chestnuts (A childhood favourite...)


Chestnuts- I have been crazy about this fall delight since I am a little kid and always look forward for them coming in season. At my grandmas place chestnut trees occur naturally, so we used to collect the chestnuts when they fell off the trees. Free of charge of course. :-) Here in the US, chestnuts mostly get imported and are hence very expensive. Still I could not resist buying some, when I finally saw them in our local grocery store and they were just delicious. At my home chestnuts also belong to the Christmas feast and are made as a side dish. I will be posting the recipe for that next month. Have a nice day..!!


Ingredients:

- 1 lb chestnuts or more


Method:

Preheat oven to 400 F.
With a sharp knife make a cross-shaped cut in the flat side of the chestnuts. Place onto a baking sheet with cut side facing up and roast for about 20 minutes. Peel off the shell and enjoy. :-)
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2010. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.