Monday, August 24, 2009

Cherry-chocolate cake


Since I am a little child I love baking. When I got my very own baking recipe book one day, I was in heaven. One of my first baking attempts was a lemon cake recipe, made with biscuit, cream and a lemon glaze. As far as I remember, it turned out quite good. Since then I have tried out many different recipes and have experimented quite a bit with different ingredients.
This cherry chocolate cake came together through many trials, some of them egg less, some of them not. Somehow the egg less versions never turned out well enough to post it here. So last weekend I wanted to give it another try with eggs and this time it turned out nicely.

Ingredients:

- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- ½ Tbsp. Rum
- 3 oz. Milk chocolate
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 10 oz pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- Powdered sugar for dusting


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a bowl beat softened butter and sugar. Mix in the egg yolks. Grate the chocolate with a hand grater finely and add step by step to the batter along with ground almonds, cinnamon powder and rum. Mix everything well together.
In another bowl combine flour and baking powder and add to the batter. Mix but don’t over mix. Beat the egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff, then fold in to the batter along with the cherries.
Grease a 9-inch cake pan and fill in the batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and dust some powdered sugar on top.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.