Monday, July 27, 2009

Carrot-apple salad


Today I really wanted to make a salad since, I must admit, we didn’t have it for a while. Unfortunately I did not have lettuce in the house so I thought of making this nice and colourful carrot salad. I made it couple of times before but never wrote down the measurements and also never used the exact same ingredients. S. really liked this version so I am sharing it today with you. It is refreshing on hot summer days and easy and quick to make.

Ingredients:

- 3 large carrots
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Tbsp. Half&half
- 1 Tsp. Brown sugar
- ½ Tsp. Curry powder
- Salt to taste

Method:

Grate the carrots and apple with a hand grater. In a bowl mix oil, half&half, lemon juice, sugar, curry powder and salt. Add in the carrots, apple and pistachios. Mix well and cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Serve.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.