Monday, July 6, 2009

Homemade veggie pizza

Since many days my husband S. had been pestering me about making pizza. He loves pizza and since we didn’t have it for a while I decided to make it last weekend. I learnt making pizza from my dad who is just amazing in making it. Mine is not that good as his but I keep trying.

Makes 2-3 pizzas.

Ingredients:

- 3 ½ cups flour (I use unbleached white flour)
- 2 packets active-dry yeast
- about 2 cups lukewarm water ( you may need to use more or less depending on flour)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. salt
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or any other colour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced or chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 ½ cup grated cheese
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste

Method:

In a bowl mix flour, active dry-yeast, salt and sugar. Add the olive oil and mix. Then add the water and knead well to make a smooth dough. Form a ball and cover the dough. Leave to rise in a warm place for about one hour or till doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 400 F/ 200 C.
Take the dough on a smooth surface and knead again. Divide into 2 parts or 3 parts if making smaller pizzas. Roll out on a with flour dusted surface. Grease a baking sheet or a round pizza tray and place the dough on it. Make sure it is spread evenly.
Mix tomato puree with tomato paste, salt, black pepper and oregano. Spread onto the dough and distribute the vegetables on it. Finally spread the cheese over it and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Tip:
You can use any other vegetable you like for this pizza.
Text and photographs are copyright protected. Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright policy

This blog is my attempt to share and chronicle experiences and recipes which I have learnt on my own through long hours in the kitchen or which were passed on to me from my family, in-laws and friends. All texts and photographs in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted and it is prohibited to copy or distribute them without my written permission. If you would like to use any content for non-commercial purposes ask first by contacting me at Masalaflavour@yahoo.com. Please respect that this blog and all its content is the result of hard work and that it is not allowed to violate any of its copyrights.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Text and photographs are copyright protected.
Copyright © Masalaflavour.blogspot.com 2009-2011. All rights reserved.